Big Brothers Big Sisters provides great reasons to donate your car, truck, boat, motorcycle or RV.
- Feel good about helping Colorado's premier youth mentoring agency. Your donation will help us serve more kids.
- We will tow your car at no charge to you within 24-48 hours in most cases.
- Your donation is tax deductible. We will provide, within 30 days of the sale of your vehicle, a receipt for the gross sale price of your vehicle. In most cases, you may deduct this value from your taxable income if you itemize. Please consult a tax advisor to determine how a donation may affect you.
- We do not use a "middleman". We do our own work to maximize the value your donation will bring to Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring programs in metro Denver and Colorado Springs.
- We deal only with reputable vehicle auctions and recycling businesses.
- Your vehicle may be worth more than you think! Even old cars that can't be driven will bring us salvage value.
How do I donate a car or vehicle?
To start the donation process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or CLICK HERE.
- Have the following paperwork ready:
- vehicles title
- Have the following information about the vehicle ready:
- year and make of vehicle
- Vehicle Identification Number
- location of vehicle
- We will arrange a time that is convenient for you to coordinate free towing of your donated vehicle.
- We will provide you with a receipt within 30 days of the selling date of the vehicle.
- You will feel good to know that your contribution is going to help us give a child in the community the life-changing gift of a mentor!
Community SupportersBig Brothers Big Sisters and Cars Helping Kids would like to thank the following community supporters for their referrals and donations. If you are interested in becoming a community supporter please contact us at (303) 433-3666 to learn more.
1075 S Union Blvd
Lakewood, CO 80228
|Gooch's Transmission Services
760 Dayton St
Aurora, CO 80010
|Labor's Community Agency, Inc.
CO AFL-CIO Community Services
7510 W. Mississippi Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80226-4570
4940 E. Asbury Ave
Denver, CO 80220
|Good Hands Auto Care
343 Airport Blvd Ste 165
Aurora, CO 80011-9341
|Pickerings Autoservice Center
90 S. Wadsworth Blvd
Lakewood, CO 80226
|Emily Griffith Foundation
1250 Welton Street
Denver, CO 80204-2197
|KRDO FM, KRDO AM, KSKK FM
3 South 7th Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
4501 Harlan Street
Wheat Ridge, CO 80301
|Four Seasons Automotive
1801 S. Wadsworth Blvd
Lakewood, CO 80232
L & S Auto Service Inc.
|Stang Auto Tech
7202 W. 116th Ave.
Broomfield, CO 80020
Requirements/Standards of Excellence
Big Brothers Big Sisters/Cars Helping Kids
|We are a qualified charity, registered by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (c) (3) organization||IRS Determination Letter HERE.|
|We are registered with the Colorado Secretary of State to demonstrate good standing in all aspects of operation as a non-profit.|
|We meet the Colorado Better Business Bureau standards.|